How to set valid configuration on multiple host

Please use this forum for open discussions about Bouml.
Merci d'utiliser ce forum pour des discussions ouvertes à propos de Bouml.

How to set valid configuration on multiple host

Postby coredmp » Sun 22 Oct 2017 07:55

Hello,

I work on multiple host type (linux, windows, raspberry), and each time i change, i have to modified the "C++ root dir" because it is not the same on each computer. Is there a simple way to set it. I have try this:

set an environment variable : CPPROOTDIR=/home/fabrice/project
And use one of : $CPPROOTDIR, $(CPPROOTDIR), ${CPPROOTDIR} .. in bouml .. each failed ...

Is there another solution ?

Best Regards

Fabrice
Last edited by coredmp on Sun 22 Oct 2017 08:09, edited 1 time in total.
coredmp

Re: How to set valid configuration on multiple host

Postby Bruno Pagès » Sun 22 Oct 2017 08:08

Hello,

I suppose you can be root under your Linux so you can add directories or symbolic links under / allowing you to have the same absolute path on all your OS (a priori '/' means 'C:' under Windows)

However, if I well understand you move both your Bouml-project and your C++ sources when you move from an OS to an other, in that case the best way is probably to use the same relative path from your Bouml-project to your C++ sources, and to set this relative path through the generation settings rather than to use an absolute path

Best regards,
Bruno
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby coredmp » Sun 22 Oct 2017 08:29

Thanks for your answer,

I am using this method for now :

In Gerneration setting : absulute path
and In each Package a relative path for source and header

If i set the Path in generation settings relative, bouml say it cannot use a relative path for the header and source generation destination

The inconvenient, is that each time someone commit his work in git repo, it break the configuration on the other platform ( even if the path are the same, because it cannot be the case between windows and unix ).

Or maybe i misspoint something :)

A possibility to have a uniq "project configuration" file could be nice.

Best Regards

Fabrice
coredmp

Postby Bruno Pagès » Sun 22 Oct 2017 08:42

coredmp wrote:If i set the Path in generation settings relative, bouml say it cannot use a relative path for the header and source generation destination

I don't understand, all paths can be relative, in the generation settings and at each package level (where the source/header path can also be empty => use generation setting path)

In the generation settings the path is relative to the project, at each package level the source/header path is relative to the path of generation settings
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Return to Open discussions / Discussions ouvertes