Bouml 5.0 on unbuntu

Please use this forum to signal bugs.
Merci d'utiliser ce forum pour signaler des bugs.

Bouml 5.0 on unbuntu

Postby f2brossi » Thu 15 Mar 2012 09:41

Using the viewer without licence, and drawing use case diagrams after a while I can not anymore having the focus on my drawing. The consequence is that I can not save the diagram in .png

So the work is losted.

Regards,
f2brossi

Re: Bouml 5.0 on unbuntu

Postby Bruno Pagès » Thu 15 Mar 2012 10:12

Hello,

what do you mean by after a while I can not anymore having the focus on my drawing ?

Let's note that under the viewer all changes done in a diagram are lost when you close it, this means a diagram created under the viewer is emptied when it is closed (not when it is minimized). This is indicated in the warning box shown when your start the viewer.
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby f2brossi » Thu 15 Mar 2012 12:30

I was making a pretty big use case diagram with about 8 to 10 actions linked as included or extended. With that kind of diagram we often need to move ansd recenter actions and actors in the drawing before saving the dagram as a .png.

But suddenly it was not possible to move one item or even to click right to save the diagram as a .png.

But the objects are still on the left part of the viewer but seems not usable.
f2brossi

Postby Bruno Pagès » Thu 15 Mar 2012 13:02

Except a bug this is because you edit an element like an actor, the associated separated window is probably under the main window and you don't see it, please check and give the result. Additional question : is the refresh still working ? for instance minimize (iconify) the main window then open it again to see if the refresh is active. Is the boumlViewer process loops abnormally (get 100% CPU time) ?

Thanks
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby f2brossi » Thu 15 Mar 2012 13:07

Bruno Pagès wrote:the associated separated window is probably under the main window and you don't see it, please check and give the result.

Yes, in fact I remember to have seen the separated windows after and hidden by the main window.

For the other question I will try to look at that the next time. And in the mean time I will frequently save the diagram as a png :D
f2brossi

Re: Bouml 5.0 Viewer on unbuntu

Postby Bruno Pagès » Thu 15 Mar 2012 13:13

it is useless to answer to other questions while there is no problem, the behavior is the expected one since the very old 1.0 ;)

[edit=add] rather than to frequently save the diagram as a png the best you have to do is to buy a license :D [/edit]
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby f2brossi » Fri 16 Mar 2012 08:53

Yes :D

And also I can always make a screenshot of the diagram, héhéhé.
f2brossi

Postby Bruno Pagès » Fri 16 Mar 2012 12:19

sure, and I can also write "bouml viewer" or something like on the background of any diagram under the viewer :idea: :mrgreen:
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby f2brossi » Mon 19 Mar 2012 16:05

In fact, my remark was just a work around to save my work when I lost the focus on bouml.

I can alway save a diagram by using a screenshot.

>and I can also write "bouml viewer" or something like on the background of any diagram under the >viewer

What is the idea ? To log the fact that the diagram has been created with Bouml ?
f2brossi

Postby Bruno Pagès » Mon 19 Mar 2012 16:26

Hi,

It was mainly a joke, your remark recalled me some diagrams picture I saw where the name of the UML tool was repetively written in the backgroup in diagonal.

But frankly the best you have to do is to use Bouml in a standard way buying a license, as you know to model is not just create the picture of a diagram.
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Return to Bug reports / Rapports de bugs