Setting generic attribute type display error

Please use this forum to signal bugs.
Merci d'utiliser ce forum pour signaler des bugs.

Setting generic attribute type display error

Postby thomas.beale » Sat 31 Mar 2012 09:37

If I manually set the type of an attribute to DV_INTERVAL<DV_DATE> (i.e. a generic type), the way it is displayed is wrong - it starts to include the package path, unless I manually delete that as well. But that doesn't happen on non-generic attributes.

gen_attr_1.png
before adding generic type
gen_attr_1.png (18.74 KiB) Viewed 2896 times

gen_attr_2.png
UML view
gen_attr_2.png (19.49 KiB) Viewed 2896 times

gen_attr_3.png
With generic type, leaving package path
gen_attr_3.png (19.76 KiB) Viewed 2896 times

I can't add the final file, seems to be a problem with number of attachments. But it shows the bug.
Attachments
gen_attr_4.png
shows resulting problem
gen_attr_4.png (8.86 KiB) Viewed 2882 times
Last edited by thomas.beale on Mon 2 Apr 2012 08:21, edited 1 time in total.
thomas.beale

Re: Setting generic attribute type display error

Postby Bruno Pagès » Sat 31 Mar 2012 11:03

thomas.beale wrote:I can't add the final file, seems to be a problem with number of attachments. But it shows the bug.

you can edit your post to add new attachment, I changed the max number from 4 (default value when the forum was created) to 10
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Re: Setting generic attribute type display error

Postby Bruno Pagès » Sun 1 Apr 2012 13:54

I am not sure to understand you, mainly that doesn't happen on non-generic attributes because nothing is done specifically for them.

When you edit a type 'by hand', I mean without choosing an entry among the proposed list, you enter a free text and you are fully responsible of it. The package indication is part of this text like any other character in a text edit. When the full value of this text match the beginning of a know class the auto completion proposes you this class but as you can see the added characters you didn't hit are selected and replaced by any other character you hit later (while you don't change the selection).

If you insert characters before the [package indication] while the next characters are not selected and the new text doesn't match an existing class, nothing is done automatically, and the package indication is still present, so in this case yes you have to remove it manually if you don't expect it.

For me this is not a 'bug', you must be able to to set the type of an attribute or other element to be a string containing something looking at a package indication, for instance because the type is a vector and the dimension is a form a::b::c ...
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Return to Bug reports / Rapports de bugs