Continued sizing / font problems (Win8.1 / BOUML 6.6.4)

Please use this forum to signal bugs.
Merci d'utiliser ce forum pour signaler des bugs.

Continued sizing / font problems (Win8.1 / BOUML 6.6.4)

Postby thomas.beale » Sun 26 Oct 2014 19:18

I installed v 6.6.4... still some problems in graphics... The fonts in the UML diagram are now working ok. The classes need to be moved now, but no matter what I do, I can't resize the existing diagram, e.g. by picking a new size like A2, A3 etc.

However if I create a new diagram at A2 and then copy paste the entire contents of the existing diagram to the new one, that works.

Another problem, apparently related to fonts and scaling is some dialog boxes don't appear correctly. See attachment. This snapshot was taken on a 1900 x 1200 monitor.

- thomas
Attachments
bouml_on_win8-4.png
bouml_on_win8-4.png (185.84 KiB) Viewed 7383 times
thomas.beale

Re: Continued sizing / font problems (Win8.1 / BOUML 6.6.4)

Postby Bruno Pagès » Mon 27 Oct 2014 20:32

Hi,

I compute myself where the texts must be written in a class or other elements in diagrams, taking into account the height and width of internal texts, but I case of a table I just use Qt classes, I don't compute the width and height of the cells/row/columns.

It is probably needed to change the calls of QFontMetric inside the implementation of Qt like I did in my sources, then to produce this new definition of QT and to use these new libraries in place of the standard ones.

Bruno
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Re: Continued sizing / font problems (Win8.1 / BOUML 6.6.4)

Postby Bruno Pagès » Tue 28 Oct 2014 18:23

Hi,

In fact I have exactly your behavior under Windows 7 when I use a large font (for instance size 15), and to use a patched version of Qt modifying QFontMetric change nothing

After thinking I am not surprised the patched version of QT change nothing because the error in the height of the lines in a table is small and not comparable to the error in the diagrams before the 6.6.4, so the problem is elsewhere, but I don't know where in fact, sorry

Let's note if you need you can increase the height of a line in a table, even this is annoying to do for a lot

Bruno
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Return to Bug reports / Rapports de bugs