Need ability to copy an attribute/relation/etc to other clas

Please use this forum to ask for a new feature or to change an existing feature.
Merci d'utiliser ce forum pour demander de nouvelles fonctionnalités ou la modification de fonctionnalités existantes.

Need ability to copy an attribute/relation/etc to other clas

Postby thomas.beale » Sat 24 Mar 2012 21:13

Often classes have similar / same properties that don't happen to be inherited from any parent class. Therefore they are defined independently on each such class. Having defined one, I want to be able to do a copy and then paste on to another class.
thomas.beale

Re: Need ability to copy an attribute/relation/etc to other

Postby Bruno Pagès » Sat 24 Mar 2012 23:03

if you have two similar classes the fast way is to create the second class by duplicating the first.

if the two classes already exist you just have to mark the attributes/operations you want to copy, then call the menu of the destination class (right mouse click in the browser) and choose duplicate marked into. Today there is no way to duplicate a relation without duplicating its class.
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby thomas.beale » Mon 26 Mar 2012 12:25

This doesn't seem to work. I do the mark ok and the property turns red. But when I right click on the target class, there is only 'Duplicate' on the menu, not 'Duplicate from marked class'.
thomas.beale

Postby Bruno Pagès » Mon 26 Mar 2012 13:27

The menu entry duplicate marked into only appears when all the marked elements can be added in the class. So may be a least one of the marked elements is not an attribute/class/operation (recall I don't allow to do that with relations), or at least one of the market elements is an attribute/class and there is already in the target class an attribute/relation's role or a sub class having the same name
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Return to Change requests / Demandes d'évolution