C++11 features

Please use this forum to ask for a new feature or to change an existing feature.
Merci d'utiliser ce forum pour demander de nouvelles fonctionnalités ou la modification de fonctionnalités existantes.

C++11 features

Postby joan » Wed 30 Aug 2017 13:27

Hello Bruno,

I wonder if you plan to add some features of C++11 into standardized Bouml user interface (dialogs). E.g. support for constructor initializer lists or templates.

Joan
joan

Re: C++11 features

Postby Bruno Pagès » Wed 30 Aug 2017 15:31

Hello Joan,

Please can you give some example of the dialog improvement you expect ?

Bruno
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby joan » Wed 30 Aug 2017 16:56

Hello Bruno,

for example in Attribute dialog it would be nice, if C++ tab could contain checkbox "Use initializer list". If checked, the inital value from UML tab would be placed in class constructor definiton in appropriate form

constructor() : attribute(init_value)

instead of direct attribute initialization in header file.

I am not sure how to work with templates in BOUML. Maybe there is a way how to handle them but I am new to BOUML and I have not found the proper way yet. Maybe some kind of stereotype with correct code generation?

BTW it would be really nice if the user could define stereotype with customized code generation.

Anyway, after 3 weeks of searching and working with various free UML tools I can say the BOUML is the best tool I have found. Good work!

Ivo
joan

Postby Bruno Pagès » Wed 30 Aug 2017 17:36

joan wrote:for example in Attribute dialog it would be nice, if C++ tab could contain checkbox "Use initializer list". If checked, the inital value from UML tab would be placed in class constructor definiton in appropriate form

constructor() : attribute(init_value)

instead of direct attribute initialization in header file.

If the choice is done at attribute level this will applies to all the constructors and this only works well when the init value do not use a parameter of the constructor (parameter names can change from one to another), so I think it is better to do that on the concerned constructor(s)

Let note you can already specify this initialization adding the corresponding text by hand in the operation definition, I mean not in the operation body, like you can also give parameters calling constructors of the inherited class

The bad thing with the actual management is it is a text, so if you rename an attribute (or inherited class etc) you have to modify the text accordingly. This problem disappears if I add a way in the dialog to specify the initialisations/calls to do.

joan wrote:I am not sure how to work with templates in BOUML. Maybe there is a way how to handle them but I am new to BOUML and I have not found the proper way yet. Maybe some kind of stereotype with correct code generation?

I am not sure to understand you, of course Bouml manages templates.

If you don't know how to produce a given code / situation in C++ or other language for whose I made a reverse, just write an example of the corresponding source code in file(s) then do a reverse and look at what is produced in the model.

joan wrote:BTW it would be really nice if the user could define stereotype with customized code generation.

Please look at my answer on the corresponding subject

joan wrote:Anyway, after 3 weeks of searching and working with various free UML tools I can say the BOUML is the best tool I have found. Good work!

Thank you
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Return to Change requests / Demandes d'évolution