Custom Drawing Settings

Please use this forum to ask for a new feature or to change an existing feature.
Merci d'utiliser ce forum pour demander de nouvelles fonctionnalités ou la modification de fonctionnalités existantes.

Custom Drawing Settings

Postby fbernoldi » Fri 27 Oct 2017 13:40

Hi,

In my experience using BoUML, I've taken the habit of specify different class drawing settings in the same diagram according to where the class is coming from, something like.

Class Diagram for a package A:

- Classes belonging to package A: default project drawing settings (show attributes, show operations, context default)
- Classes belonging to a different package B: hide attributes, hide operations.
- Classes belonging to an imported project as library: hide attributes, hide operations, drawing context uml.

For me this is comfortable so when I look at a class diagram, I can easily identify which classes are from the same project, or from the same package. Drawing context uml for every class for me, it shows too much information, so this solution it's fine and I'm happy with this.

The issue with my habit is that for every diagram I made and add classes etc, etc, I have to manually edit drawing settings to classes that do not belong to the same package as the diagram.

The change request is:

- The possibility to add custom drawing settings, and be able to apply them from the context menu right clicking the class on the diagram.

For instance, project, drawing settings -> add custom class drawing settings -> shows drawing settings configurations but with a text box to specify the name. There I can type "imported classes" for the name, change whatever I want and then save. Later on a class diagram I click the class and use "apply custom drawing setting -> "imported classes" and done.

I don't know if much people will benefit from this, it's just a minor tweak to the drawing settings functionality.

Thanks!
Federico.
fbernoldi

Re: Custom Drawing Settings

Postby Bruno Pagès » Fri 27 Oct 2017 15:27

Federico,

Just to be sure to understand, you request to have a short-cut to apply drawing settings on some elements to help to follow different drawing settings in the same diagram

I say that because you can set the drawing settings on a given element, to set the default drawing settings on a given diagram, to set the default drawing settings on a given diagram (for all its elements following 'default'), on a given view (for all its diagrams following 'default' so all their elements following 'default'), to set the default drawing settings on a given package (for all its sub packages and sub view following 'default') ... up to the project/toplevel package.

Please note you can select several elements in a diagram to change the drawing settings, it is already not mandatory to do that element per element.
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby fbernoldi » Fri 27 Oct 2017 16:02

Hi,

Bruno Pagès wrote:Just to be sure to understand, you request to have a short-cut to apply drawing settings on some elements to help to follow different drawing settings in the same diagram

Yes!

Bruno Pagès wrote:Please note you can select several elements in a diagram to change the drawing settings, it is already not mandatory to do that element per element.

I didn't know that! it will help, but still I use the same three or four drawing settings that I use globally depending on the context of what I want to view, on the same diagram, with the short-cut I would add colors too, without the shortcut it's more effort consuming.

Regards,
Federico.
fbernoldi

Postby Bruno Pagès » Mon 20 Nov 2017 20:01

Hi,

The custom drawing settings are available for the classes in the class diagrams in the 7.2

Please refer to the historic for more details

Best regards,

Bruno
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby fbernoldi » Tue 21 Nov 2017 13:27

Hi,

¡Thank you very much :D!

Can we change a bit the spanish translations?

- for "aplicador 'config'" to "aplicar 'config'"?

- when you select two or more items in a diagram to change the drawing settings (not with this new feature) in the select field it shows the word "<unchanged>" without translation, could it say "<sin cambios>"?

Thanks!
Federico.
fbernoldi

Postby Bruno Pagès » Tue 21 Nov 2017 15:36

Hi,

Please find attached the new translation file for spanish, it will be used in the next releases
Attachments
es.lang
translation to spanish
(382.05 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby fbernoldi » Wed 22 Nov 2017 11:08

Hi,

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Federico.