Docs reference

Please use this forum to signal bugs.
Merci d'utiliser ce forum pour signaler des bugs.

Docs reference

Postby fbernoldi » Thu 20 Jul 2017 15:17

Hi,

I've installed the latest available version of bouml (7.0) on both mac and linux (debian) and downloaded the respective documentation.

When the docs folder is configured on Mac, it opens a windows in program with the local documentation, but when I do the same on the debian installation, it opens the default browser (firefox) with the url: "http://www.bouml.fr/doc/..."

I've done the same procedure on both installations, uncompress docs into a folder and ensure the running user has read access to the files.

Regards,
Federico.
fbernoldi

Re: Docs reference

Postby Bruno Pagès » Thu 20 Jul 2017 16:25

Hi,

When both the manual path and the navigator are configured through "environment dialog" the navigator is called on the local files.

When the navigator is not configured bouml searches anyway for one (C:/Program Files (x86)/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe or C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe or C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe under Windows, /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox under MacOS and /usr/bin/firefox under Linux), if firefox/iexplore is found it is called on the web page, for me this is the best way to look at the last version of the documentation ... even this is in contradiction with the documented behaviour

So in your case under Linux bouml find firefox and applied on the web page, and under MacOS firefox is not found and the internal HTML viewer is applied on the installed documentation

I agree that this is not a very clear behaviour :roll:
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Re: Docs reference

Postby fbernoldi » Thu 20 Jul 2017 16:48

Hi Bruno,

Bruno Pagès wrote:When both the manual path and the navigator are configured through "environment dialog" the navigator is called on the local files.

Great! I've tried that and I've come across that on MacOS on the selection dialog I can't specify for the .../Firefox.app/Contents/MaxOS/firefox since the native select window doesn't have the "view package contents" option, so it only lets you select the .app and with that alone it doesn't work, but then I typed the rest of the path and worked fine; as a note when you have firefox already opened, it says you can only open one instance of firefox.

Bruno Pagès wrote:So in your case under Linux bouml find firefox and applied on the web page, and under MacOS firefox is not found and the internal HTML viewer is applied on the installed documentation

That's accurate, I've configured docs and firefox on the linux box and the local files are opened. I'll try with a lighter browser though since I think FF is quite heavy for such a simple task as to view the bouml docs :)

Thanks for the explanation, I'll configure my environments accordingly.

Regards,
Federico.
fbernoldi

Return to Bug reports / Rapports de bugs