Bouml for MacOS X

Please use this forum if you expect to have Bouml for a non yet managed distribution / version of distribution.
Merci d'utiliser ce forum si souhaitez avoir Bouml sur une distribution ou version de distribution non encore gérée.

Are you interrested to have Bouml on MacOS X ?

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes : 10

Re: Bouml for MacOS X

Postby Bruno Pagès » Wed 21 Mar 2012 13:09

you welcome

the bad news is there are random crashes associated to the management of the mac global menus, I am not the first having these problems with Qt under MacOS, I can't deliver a version for Mac before to find a way to bypass them, so this will take more time than expected .... :cry:
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby tenuki » Wed 21 Mar 2012 22:22

I would love for bouml to be on the mac. I use it in linux under a vm, but a native app would be fantastic! Count me in for any beta testing too. :D
tenuki

Postby Bruno Pagès » Wed 21 Mar 2012 23:03

I work on, from Bouml sources I made a small application producing easily the crash and opened a QTBUG, but now except if I find a way to bypass the crash I will have to wait for a fix in QT before to deliver Bouml :?
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby Bruno Pagès » Thu 22 Mar 2012 18:51

good news : I just discover QCoreApplication::setAttribute(Qt::AA_DontUseNativeMenuBar) allowing to not use native menubar (e.g, the menubar at the top of the main screen on Mac OS X) whose management produces the crash in Qt 8-)
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby drx777 » Mon 26 Mar 2012 07:16

+1

(I cannot vote. What did I miss?)

EDIT: voting possible after (first?) post.
drx777

Postby Bruno Pagès » Mon 26 Mar 2012 07:39

I think to be able to vote must not be associated to the fact you already post or not, but this is not important now because I bough the Mac.

My current work on Bouml is to understand how to make the DMG package for MacOS
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby jorge9345 » Mon 26 Mar 2012 12:30

A Lion version would be perfect, I started to use it a few days ago at college under Linux, and would like a copy at home on my MacBook. Thank you for this great job.
jorge9345

Postby Bruno Pagès » Mon 26 Mar 2012 13:07

Lion is the target distribution (because I only have it), and probably only for processor Intel (not sure I can build a 'universal')

Warning, I will package a 5.0.1 (and next versions), not an old version of Bouml you probably use in college
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby Jean-Paul » Tue 27 Mar 2012 12:40

+1 pour la version Mac !
Jean-Paul

Postby Bruno Pagès » Tue 27 Mar 2012 15:31

Hello,

une version préliminaire du viewer est disponible pour Lion - Intel, afin de me permettre de vérifier la validité du bundle pourriez-vous télécharger boumlViewer.dmg , l'installer et de faire quelques essais y compris vérifier que la génération de code marche (les autres plug-outs ne sont pas présents), et bien-sûr de me dire ce qu'il en est. Merci

a preliminary version of the viewer is available for Lion - Intel, to help me to check the validity of the bundle please download boumlViewer.dmg , install it and do some tests including code generation (the other plug-outs are not present), and of course to give me the result. Thank you.
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

PreviousNext

Return to Portage requests / Requettes de portage