Multiple C++ header file extensions

Please use this forum to ask for a new feature or to change an existing feature.
Merci d'utiliser ce forum pour demander de nouvelles fonctionnalités ou la modification de fonctionnalités existantes.

Multiple C++ header file extensions

Postby morini » Mon 6 Mar 2017 11:56

I'm currently working on a project using two different C++ header file extensions, namely ".h" and ".hpp". To get all classes imported into Bouml I've to run reverse engineering two times by intermediate resetting header file extension from ".h" to ".hpp".

So it would be nice to allow setting of multiple file extensions at once.

Thanks
Thomas
--
Thomas Schmidt
Velgen 1, D-29582 Hanstedt
PGP: Key-ID: 0x810B6206
morini

Re: Multiple C++ header file extensions

Postby Bruno Pagès » Mon 6 Mar 2017 14:00

Hello

I will see

To manage several extensions is quite sensitive, for instance if a directory contains the files f.h and f.hpp and you reverse them both, only one artifact named f is modeled and is associated to all the classes defined in the two files. If later you generate code only one of the two files will be modified (supposing the generation extension is one of them), and the result will be worst if later you roundtrip still specifying the two extensions :?

Kind regards,
Bruno
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Re: Multiple C++ header file extensions

Postby Bruno Pagès » Sun 12 Mar 2017 08:35

Hello,

The release 6.12 is available, you can now specify additional extensions through Edit reverse/roundtrip settings

Kind regards
Bruno
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Return to Change requests / Demandes d'évolution