Does local help work?

Please use this forum for open discussions about Bouml.
Merci d'utiliser ce forum pour des discussions ouvertes à propos de Bouml.

Does local help work?

Postby Dan » Thu 24 May 2018 12:32

Hi,

I unzipped the help files into a local directory, /home/dan/Downloads/dev/bouml/doc,
set the Manual path in Environment dialog but hitting F1 still jumps to web site.

If I use my file manager to load /home/dan/Downloads/dev/bouml/doc/index.html it's fine.

Have I missed a step?
Dan

Re: Does local help work?

Postby Bruno Pagès » Thu 24 May 2018 16:53

Hi

You missed nothing

In the past I used a QT internal HTML viewer by default, but there was some problems with, so today except under MacOS X I prefer to search for a navigator even you don't specify one through the environment setting, and if I find one I use it and also ask it to read the documentation on internet rather than on local pages. Note that the way to specify a file rather than an internet address may depend on the used navigator.

So yes, what is said in the environment editor is misleading :oops:
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby Dan » Fri 25 May 2018 10:01

Ohh... shame ...

Could you not at least offer an option to pass the help index file to the web browser (still ignoring your Qt internal browser), even if you are connected to the internet ?

Thanks.
Dan

Postby Bruno Pagès » Fri 25 May 2018 14:32

My previous answer was correct only in case you do not specify where the internet navigator is

Under Windows, if you specify through the environment settings where is the navigator and where is the documentation, I do not use the documentation from internet.

Under Linux/MacOS X, if you specify through the environment settings where is the navigator and the documentation is under /usr/share/doc/packages/bouml or under /usr/share/doc/bouml or you specified where it is, I do not use the documentation from internet.
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby Dan » Fri 25 May 2018 14:48

Geeezzz - you mean I had to specify the browser as well ;) :oops:

Well, duh, it does works locally once I added /usr/bin/firefox !

Thanks.
Dan

Postby Bruno Pagès » Fri 25 May 2018 15:03

I looked at the source code to answer today then tested under Linux and Windows to be sure, the historic of that part is quite complicated and I mainly memorized I had problems with ;)
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Return to Open discussions / Discussions ouvertes