Reverse / Roundtrip

Please use this forum for open discussions about Bouml.
Merci d'utiliser ce forum pour des discussions ouvertes à propos de Bouml.

Reverse / Roundtrip

Postby NomisEgnal » Thu 28 May 2020 13:12

Hallo Bruno,

working with Qt and the NCReport-lib (http://www.ncreportsoftware.com - built with Qt) I have a two questions:

1. If I "Reverse" the lib-sources into BoUML 9.1 I get a lot of typedefs. This means for me that e.g. the baseclasses (Qt-framework-classes) are not known - right ? So I have to Reverse also the complete Qt-framework ?
(b.t.w: The export-declaration in the lib I excluded by the #file-option.)

2. So I "Reversed" also the Qt-sources into the BoUML-project. And then I "Roundtriped" the NCReport-sources again. But I do not find central classes of the library in the BoUML-codemodel. The "Roundtrip"-log-protocol reports many Syntax-Errors.

Would you be so nice to have a look at these two problems ? Attached in a zip the BOUml - project and the log.

Best regards and thanks

Simon
NomisEgnal

Re: Reverse / Roundtrip

Postby Bruno Pagès » Thu 28 May 2020 15:27

Hello

NomisEgnal wrote:1. If I "Reverse" the lib-sources into BoUML 9.1 I get a lot of typedefs. This means for me that e.g. the baseclasses (Qt-framework-classes) are not known - right ?

I typically use an auxiliary typedef when a class inherits an unknown template classes, else unknown classes are modeled through 'standard' classes

NomisEgnal wrote:So I have to Reverse also the complete Qt-framework ?
(b.t.w: The export-declaration in the lib I excluded by the #file-option.)

Not necessary, you very probably do not want to generate the code of the Qt-framework, so you do not need to have full definition of the Qt-framework.

A good way for classes from a framework is very often to have the needed corresponding classes known as external classes

NomisEgnal wrote:2. So I "Reversed" also the Qt-sources into the BoUML-project. And then I "Roundtriped" the NCReport-sources again. But I do not find central classes of the library in the BoUML-codemodel

I was too late because you already reversed NCReport-sources, necessary 'pseudo' classes being already in the model there is no reason to use Qt ones during roundtrip.

NomisEgnal wrote:The "Roundtrip"-log-protocol reports many Syntax-Errors.

The roundtrip is a very complex operation, and may be the fact you have in a way several definitions of the 'same' class (one from first initial reverse and one from Qt reverse) create inconsistencies.

NomisEgnal wrote:Attached in a zip the BOUml - project and the log.

There are missing

Best regards
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Return to Open discussions / Discussions ouvertes