BoUML window title icon is missing on Debian 10 with xfce4

Please use this forum to signal bugs.
Merci d'utiliser ce forum pour signaler des bugs.

BoUML window title icon is missing on Debian 10 with xfce4

Postby petr.fedorov » Fri 22 May 2020 09:03

Here is the window title I have
BoUML icon is shown in a menu and a launch panel. The other applications (i.e. Firefox) do not have such problem.
Code: Select all
find /usr/share/icons -name bouml.*
returns
    /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/bouml.png
    /usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/bouml.png
    /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/bouml.png
    /usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/bouml.png
petr.fedorov

Re: BoUML window title icon is missing on Debian 10 with xfc

Postby Bruno Pagès » Fri 22 May 2020 18:29

While the icon appears in the menu and launch panel it seems strange the window manager does not show it also in the window title bar, and that whatever the configured size for the icons.

In fact the icon must be set dynamically at the execution, in the same way I already do for Windows
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby petr.fedorov » Sat 23 May 2020 08:41

In fact the icon must be set dynamically at the execution, in the same way I already do for Windows

Exactly! Basically, I glanced at the (only available for me) BoUML source code here, hasn't found a call of QWidget::setIcon(), which seems to be necessary to set the Application Icon. Since
xfwm4 adheres strongly to the standards defined on freedesktop.org. Consequently, special features such as making windows borderless, or providing an icon for the application must now be implemented in the application; you can no longer use the window manager to force different behaviour.

I decided that it might be a bug. By the way, the same problem exists in Project Control and Project Synchro, so it appears to be a systematic error as it is said in physics :-)
petr.fedorov

Postby Bruno Pagès » Sat 23 May 2020 09:25

petr.fedorov wrote:hasn't found a call of QWidget::setIcon()

The right operation is QWidget::setWindowIcon() (Qt >= 4)

Under Xfce Ubuntu 18.04 bionic that makes the icon visible both in the windows list (panel) and the window of BoUML itself.

On Lxde Raspbian (PI4) that makes the icon only visible in the windows list (panel) because there is no attempt to draw an icon in the border of the windows of BoUML.

petr.fedorov wrote:By the way, the same problem exists in Project Control and Project Synchro

And the window of the dialogs.
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby petr.fedorov » Sat 23 May 2020 13:25

And the window of the dialogs.

In addition, the window title icon could be used to differentiate the type of a diagram (class diagram, state machine diagram etc). Currently, all diagram windows have small green Qt icon.
petr.fedorov

Return to Bug reports / Rapports de bugs