Empty .prj file

Please use this forum to signal bugs.
Merci d'utiliser ce forum pour signaler des bugs.

Empty .prj file

Postby DanielMcInnes » Tue 23 Mar 2021 05:37

Hi

I just tried to open my large bouml project, and got an error message "myProject.prj line 1 premature end of file, 'format' expected".

I then opened the .prj file with a text editor, and found it is empty. There are still 500+ other files in the directory, .diagram and .bodies files. Is there any way to recover my project, or do I need to start again?
DanielMcInnes

Re: Empty .prj file

Postby Bruno Pagès » Tue 23 Mar 2021 11:28

Hi,

For sure you cannot load a project having its prj file empty, so the behavior you have is not a "bug"

All depends on the direct sub elements you had in the project-package, the possible views and their content cannot be recover, but the sub packages and their sub elements can be.

If you send me an archive of the directory of your project with all its files I can try to recover your project, you can use the email contact@bouml.fr
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby DanielMcInnes » Thu 25 Mar 2021 01:06

Thanks for the offer Bruno, but there are probably confidentiality issues that prevent this. I love bouml, keep up the good work!
DanielMcInnes

Postby Bruno Pagès » Thu 25 Mar 2021 08:52

Hi,

May be you can send me the files except the files having the extension bodies whose contain the body of the operations ?

If you want to try by yourself refer to https://www.bouml.fr/doc/index_projectfiles.html to know the reason of each file.
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Return to Bug reports / Rapports de bugs