Sequence diagram enhancements

Please use this forum to ask for a new feature or to change an existing feature.
Merci d'utiliser ce forum pour demander de nouvelles fonctionnalités ou la modification de fonctionnalités existantes.

Sequence diagram enhancements

Postby petr.fedorov » Mon 1 Mar 2021 11:00

Hello,
It would be nice if BOUML's Sequence diagram allowed to draw:

• An object creation Message (messageSort equals createMessage) has a dashed line with an open arrow head. (see 17.4.4 Notation, 17.4.4.1 Message in UML specification)
  • An object deletion Message (messageSort equals deleteMessage) must end in a DestructionOccurrenceSpecification. (see 17.4.4 Notation, 17.4.4.1 Message)
  • The DestructionOccurrenceSpecification is depicted by a cross in the form of an X at the bottom of a Lifeline ((see 17.4.4 Notation, 17.4.4.2 DestructionOccurrenceSpecification)

See also Figure 17.4 in UML Specification
Figure 17_14.png
Figure 17_14.png (105.28 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
petr.fedorov

Re: Sequence diagram enhancements

Postby Bruno Pagès » Mon 1 Mar 2021 11:42

Hello,

Yes I do not manage the creation message following the standard. But it is possible to not have the lifeline starting at the top of the diagram to indicate the instance is created. I do not allow to draw the message as a doted line to the rectangle of the instance, you can use a standard message or 'worst' a return to have the dotted line.

I manage the DestructionOccurrenceSpecification and show it as a X as expected, it is automatically placed at the bottom of the lowest activity bar when you said the instance is mortal ('become mortal' in the menu appearing when you do a right mouse click on the rectangle of the instance)

Kind regards,
Bruno Pagès
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Re: Sequence diagram enhancements

Postby petr.fedorov » Mon 1 Mar 2021 13:48

Thanks! For me it should be enough!
petr.fedorov

Return to Change requests / Demandes d'évolution