Generation settings menu...

Generation settings menu...

Postby michael1979 » Tue 5 May 2020 20:49

I'm following a tutorial that starts talking about classes and how actors are not going to have code generated for them. The generation settings menu is supposed to be accessed, but it doesn't say in the tutorial how to get there and I cannot find it. If this is answered on the forum elsewhere my sincere apologies, but I tried searching for the answer prior to asking and found nothing.
michael1979

Re: Generation settings menu...

Postby Bruno Pagès » Wed 6 May 2020 18:19

Hi,

You probably mean the generation settings dialog, because that one is general rather than dedicated to a given element, it is callable through the menu of the project itself (the higher element in the browser tree), so doing a right mouse clic on browseritems for

this explained in the chapter package also showing that project menu (look at the center) :
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Postby michael1979 » Fri 8 May 2020 16:18

Would I have known this if I had read the BOUML manual before attempting the tutorial?
michael1979

Postby Bruno Pagès » Fri 8 May 2020 18:56

This is visible in the video tutorials speaking about code generation, for instance at 6:50 for the tutorial cpp_example.

You cannot generate code without specifying the root directory from where the generation must be done, and you specify that through the generation settings.

Anyway that supposes to be able to memorize that, and at the beginning there are a lot of things to memorize ;)
ImageAuthor of Bouml
Bruno Pagès

Return to Examples - How to do / Exemples - Comment faire